Islamabad, Feb 9 (ANI): The Pakistani dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks is ready and the PPP-led Government will file cases against five Pakistanis, including the lone captured militant Ajmal Kasab, for planning the attacks.
The Interior Ministry's report into the Mumbai carnage also states that the attacks were not planned in Pakistan or India, but in a European country, a TV channel quotes sources, as saying.
The conspirators kept in touch by using the Internet; The Nation quotes sources, as saying.
They also said that cases would be filed against five Pakistanis, including Kasab, for planning the Mumbai attacks.
Action will be taken against them in the country according to Pakistani laws and access to Kasab will be sought to identify his Indian 'associates', the sources said.
The government has not formally stated so far whether it will seek consular access to Kasab though it has acknowledged that he is a Pakistani national.
"The conspiracy was hatched outside Pakistan. But Kasab and his accomplices used Pakistan territory by using Internet lines of the country. But no Pakistani official was involved. There will be legal action against Kasab and others in Pakistan. Pakistan may also want access to Kasab for investigation."
"There is no mention of Lashkar-e-Taiba in the report. The report talks only about the suspects," said the channel.
Meanwhile, the Defence Committee of the Cabinet (DCC) would meet here on Monday and review the investigation report prepared by the Pakistani authorities on the information provided by India on Mumbai attacks. (ANI)