New Delhi, Feb 5: Michael Clarke, Australian vice-captain has pulled out from the Season 2 of Indian Premier League (IPL). Citing the reason as busy international schedule in Australia, he said: "I won't be going to the IPL, as the most important thing for me is we've only got a couple of weeks off, we've got a very busy schedule.
Clarke also added that "With me, with my body and time with my family, I want time off this year.'' He took a long time to take this decision. However Clarke said his decision has nothing to do with other players who did not want to play in the Indian competition.
"It's a wonderful thing for cricket, it's definitely improved Twenty20 cricket, its played a part in improving one day cricket,'' he said.
Australian vice-captain also said that :"The lead up to the Twenty20 World Championships is the IPL so it's good preparation so it does not surprise me that a lot of players are going.''
Clarke was valued at US $ 1 million and was set to be among the top three purchases in the auction to be held on Friday, Feb 6 in Goa.
Chennai Super Kings, last year's finalists, were expected to lead the bidding for Clarke.
OneIndia News (With inputs from Agencies)