Melbourne, Jan 7 (ANI): The man who kept US President-elect Barack Obama out of the Blair House has reportedly been revealed, it is: former Australian prime minister and Bush mate John Howard.
Last month, the Obama family asked the Bush administration if they could move into Blair House - the security home near the White House - a fortnight early to get their daughters settled at their new schools.
However, they were refused saying that it was not possible because foreign dignitaries had been booked in.
Now, The Washington Post has revealed that the only dignitary staying overnight on January 12 is Howard, reports the age.com.au.
Howard and his wife Howard had been invited to stay at Blair House some time ago, and "that was the invitation", a spokesman for the former prime minister said.
The couple will stay just one night - January 12 - and will not be accompanied by an entourage as some reports suggested, he said.
"I am sure he was unaware that Mr Obama wanted to come in early, when he accepted the invitation," the spokesman said.
Sally McDonough, a spokeswoman for first lady Laura Bush also underscored that the inconvenience to the Obamas was inadvertent.
"Like many White House and Blair House events, planning occurs months in advance," McDonough said.
Meanwhile, the Obamas are staying at the Hay-Adams Hotel at Lafayette Park while they wait to move to Blair House. (ANI)