Islamabad, Jan 5: Even after the 'dossier of evidence' submitted to Pakistan, there are reports that are stating that Pakistan's Foreign Ministry is 'not satisfied' with the evidence, especially, Azam Amir Kasav's (the lone terrorist captured in the Mumbai Terror Attacks) confessional statement or letter.
"Such material cannot be treated as ample proof," a source in the Foreign Office was quoted as saying by 'The News' daily.
"The statement of Azam Amir Kasav does not amount to admissible proof under any penal code anywhere in the world, including India or Pakistan", it said. Indian authorities should produce "credible evidence" to establish Kasav's identity as some 'Indian papers' had reported that he is an Indian national, the anonymous source claimed.
Pakistan had earlier taken the stance of verifying Kasav's nationality from Pakistan's National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA). In the wake of verification, the foreign ministry also claimed that NADRA does not "verify Kasav's claim of being a Pakistani national as it lacks official data to prove his assertion".
However, NADRA covers only 60 million people out of 160 million population of Pakistan. The report also said the Pakistan government was "in a fix as to how to react to" Kasav's letter, in which he said he is a Pakistani belonging to Faridkot village in Punjab province and a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative.
India provided the confessional letter to Pakistan after Pakistan's demand to provide proof for Pakistan's role in the Mumbai Terror Attacks. The covering letter said the Mumbai Crime Branch is eagerly awaiting a response from Pakistan authorities before it starts looking for other legal options for Kasav.
OneIndia News (With inputs from Agencies)