New York, Jan 1 (ANI): A list has been compiled that details the Most Viewed Stories of 2008 on the New York Post.
1. Loser's 65 million dollar win - Degli Martinez managed to win 65 million dollars in the lottery and lose it all in a matter of hours, then win it back a year later.
2. Sandwich board job advertisement - When out of job Joshua Persky began advertising himself with a sandwich board on the streets of Manhattan, he got a well-paying job.
3. Ashley Dupre was doing the NY governor - When Ashley "Kristen" Dupre was revealed as the hooker in the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal in March, few could believe that the 22-year-old didn't know who she had been sleeping with.
4. Richie Randazzo won 5 million dollars in lottery - When 44-year-old doorman Richie Randazzo won 5 million dollars in the lottery in June, he figured he might as well keep dreaming big. He is living a high life.
5. The Scofflaw King
In December, The Post introduced Alexander Khamish, a 30-year-old insurance broker who was wracked up over 80,000 dollars in parking tickets. Khamish denies that he is New York's scofflaw king, claiming his identity has been stolen.
6. The Eliot Spitzer hooker scandal
The Eliot Spitzer hooker scandal was shocking in itself, but what everyone really wanted to know was what went on behind the closed doors of the hotel room on the night of the governor's tryst with "Kristen."
7. McGreevey and wife's three-way sex stud
Gay former governor of New Jersey Jim McGreevey and his wife engaged in three-way sex with his driver.
8. Hard Core Marilyn - She's been dead for over 45 years, but Marilyn Monroe continues to make headlines. In April, The Post broke the story of her steamy sex tape being sold for 1.5 million dollars.
9. John McCain's appearance on David Letterman show- David Letterman apparently doesn't like it when guests cancel appearances on his show at the last minute. Sen. John McCain found that out the hard way when he cancelled a late September visit with Dave, then did an interview with Katie Couric. But Dave got the last laugh.
10. Obama tried to stall GLS Iraq withdrawal - Post columnist Amir Taheri caused quite a stir in mid-September with his column about Barack Obama's plans for troop withdrawal in Iraq. Taheri wrote that Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said that Obama wanted to delay U.S. troop withdrawal, which seemed to contradict previous statements by Obama. (ANI)