London, Dec 25 (ANI): Football game Fifa 09 has ended 'Call of Duty: World at War's reign at the video game chart by becoming the best-selling computer game this Christmas.Call of Duty, which had occupied the number one slot for the last five weeks, came second after an increase in sales of Fifa 09, reports the Telegraph.
The success of the football game, which is made by Electronic Arts, will come as a boost for the games company, which has been forced close several development studios and shed staff in the wake of the global financial crisis.
Last week, Fifa 09 was third in the charts, behind Call of Duty and Mario Kart Wii.
This week, Mario Kart Wii came third while Need For Speed landed the fourth spot.
Mental agility game Dr Kawashima's Brain Training, which was first launched in 2006, is fifth in the Christmas sales chart.
This week's top 10 best-selling games:
1. FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
2. Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)
3. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
4. Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
5. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
6. Wii Play (Nintendo)
7. Quantum Of Solace (Activision Blizzard)
8. Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)
9. Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)
10. Wii Fit (Nintendo) (ANI)