New Delhi, Dec 24: An Indian working in Herat of Afghanistan was reportedly abducted. Simon, who was working with an Italian company was abducted in Oct. Indian Embassy in Afghanistan stated that the abductors are demanding a ransom of Rs 3 crore.
Second Secretary (Political) at the Indian Embassy in Kabul JP Singh claimed that Simon was still alive.
"We are making all efforts and are in touch with all concerned ministries and officials in this regard. Simon was abducted in October from Herat region. We hope that the matter will be solved amicably," said Singh.
Simon has been working in Afghanistan from past eleven months, said wife of Simon.
"Simon was working with a branch of the company in Herat. We are not aware is the Taliban are involved in the abduction," said JP Singh.
Simon had been in Afghanistan for 11 months and was supposed to be visit his home for Pongal.
He was working in Muscat for six years before he joined the Italian company in Afghanistan.
Indian Embassy officials have stated that all measures have been taken to rescue the Indian and issue will be resolved soon.
OneIndia News (with inputs from Agencies)