'Lashkar-i-Jhangvi behind Marriott bombings'

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Marriott hotel bombings
Islamabad, Dec 23: The banned organisation, Lashkar-i-Jhangvi carried out the Marriott Hotel bombings in Islamabad revealed Advisor to the Pakistan's Prime Minister on Interior, Rehman Malik.

Answering a question in the National Assembly, he said investigations into the Marriott attack had been completed.

He said that the truck used in the attack was loaded with ammunition in Jhang and it entered Islamabad via Rawat.

Two boys from Toba Tek Singh, who had been arrested, facilitated the terrorist act and charge-sheet against them had been submitted in court.

Around 60 people, including the Czech ambassador, at least two US marines and several other foreigners, were killed and more than 260 injured when a suicide bomber rammed the explosive-laden truck into the hotel"s gate in Sep.

OneIndia News (With inputs from Agencies)

Please Wait while comments are loading...