Islamabad, Dec 12: Pakistan on Thursday, Dec 11 said that India is yet to share information and evidence on the Nov 26 Mumbai terror attacks despite repeated request because of which its probe into the incident could not proceed.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi, the Pakistan foreign minister said "Any criminal investigation proceeds from the scene of crime to the criminal...Pakistan has repeatedly underscored the need for serious, sustained and pragmatic cooperation between Pakistan and India to combat terrorism in either country." He added that his country has also proposed for the establishment of a joint commission and launching of a joint investigation "in an earnest effort to move forward in an area which equally concerns both Pakistan and India".
"However, our own investigations cannot proceed beyond a certain point without provision of credible information and evidence pertaining to Mumbai attacks. Despite our requests, no evidence or information has been shared with the government by India so far," Qureshi said. Referring to the "spate of allegations concerning the involvement of certain individuals of Pakistani origin in Mumbai terrorist attacks", Qureshi said the government had "already initiated investigations on its own".
Pakistan on Thursday, Dec 11 banned Jamaat-ud-Dawa the front organisation of Lashkar-e-Toiba which is suspected mastermind behind the Nov 26 Mumbai terror strikes ans put its chief Hafiz Mohammed Saeed under house arrest.
He said that Pakistan will not allow terrorism to grow in its soil as the nation itself is a victim of terrorism. However India maintained that there is enough evidence to prove that the Mumbai attacks were launched from Pakistan territory, Home Minister P Chidambaram told Parliament on Thursday, Dec 11.
Meanwhile, the United States has said that Pakistan has taken 'important steps' by acting against terror groups by banning the JuD. But the US has declined to comment on India's observation that Islamabad is not doing enough.
OneIndia News (With inputs from Agencies)