We will not hand over any Mumbai suspects: Pakistan

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Pakistan Foreign Minister
Islamabad, Dec 9: Pakistan on Tuesday, Dec 9 asserted any of the accused in the Mumbai terror attacks will not be handed over to India. "The arrest being made are for our own investigations. Even if allegations are proved against any suspect, he will not be handed over to India," Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said.

Qureshi's remarks come as a Pakistan army confirmed that some key LeT terrorists had been rounded up during the crackdown on the banned organisation's camps on the outskirts of the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir capital of Muzaffarabad.

The military spokesman had said the operations against banned groups would continue and more arrests are expected. Qureshi told reporters after offering Eid prayers in his hometown of Multan that though Pakistan will fully cooperate with India in investigating the Mumbai attacks, any Pakistani individual found to be linked or involved in the incident will be tried only in a Pakistani court. If necessary, he said, he would visit India to clarify Islamabad's position to New Delhi.

His comments echoed a decision made by the cabinet yesterday to take action against any persons or groups involved in the Mumbai attacks only "within the ambit of Pakistani law".

Pakistan has also rejected India's demand to hand over Jaish-e-Mohammed founder Maulana Masood Azhar and two India underworld dons and the 1993 Bombay blasts accused Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon.

OneIndia News(With Input form Agencies)

Please Wait while comments are loading...