Lahore, Dec 6, 2008: The Pakistan Cricket Board"s (PCB) Chief Operating Officer (COO) Saleem Altaf has said that Pakistan is preparing for next month"s series against India despite doubts being raised about it being held in the wake of last week"s terror attacks in Mumbai.
Altaf said that cricket officials are making all possible arrangements to ensure a successful series.
From giving a comprehensive facelift to the venues involved to getting solid assurances from the authorities over security arrangements for the visitors, Pakistan are trying to ensure that they are fully ready for the series.
“Our standard operating procedure is in place for the series. As far as we are concerned the series will be on until it is called off, and till then, we will continue taking steps to ensure that everything is in place for the series (against India)," Altaf said.
The Indian government is yet to clear its cricket team"s visit to Pakistan and there have been reports that it will block the tour in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai that left almost 200 people dead.
India has pointed the finger of suspicion at Pakistan, an accusation that has put a serious strain on the relations between the two countries.
The cash-strapped PCB is desperate for the home series against India because it will replenish its dwindling bank accounts if it does take place.