Islamabad, Dec 3 : Pakistan will not hand over to India any terror suspects that New Delhi says it has, official sources said here today.
According to the Indian media reports, New Delhi has demanded that Islamabad hand over 20 suspected persons, including Dawood Ibrahim, the mastermind of the 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai.
Others include Jamaat-ul-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed and Jaish-e-Muhammad founder Maulana Masood Azhar, who was released by the Indian Government to save hostages seized in 1999.
"There is no precedent of handing over any alleged suspect to India and vice versa. So turning these 20 persons over to India is out of question because we have our own surveillance apparatus in place. We have confirmed that none of them was involved in any suspected activity while some of them are currently not even living in Pakistan," The News quoted official sources as saying.
The sources further added that members of the proscribed outfits had already been apprehended during a crackdown by the previous regime.