Will not handover terrorists to India: Zardari

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Asif
New Delhi, Dec 3: Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday, Dec 2 strongly denied that his country was involved in last week's Mumbai terror attacks. He said terror strikes in India's financial capital were the works of 'Stateless Actors' who wanted to hold the 'entire world hostage.'

He said in CNN channel's Larry King Live program, "The state of Pakistan is no way responsible." India had earlier said that the ten terrorists who carried out the Mumbai terror attacks in which nearly 200 people died were from Pakistan. It is learnt that the only terrorist caught alive Azam Amir Kasav told investigators that he belongs to Pakistan. But Zardari was of the opinion that India has not provided enough proof that the gunman is a Pakistani. "We have not been given any tangible proof to say that he is definitely a Pakistani. I very much doubt ... that he's a Pakistani," Zardari said.

He further said if India produced evidence that a Pak group was behind the attacks, then his PPP led government would take action against them. For India's long-standing demand on handing over 20 most wanted terrorists, including Dawood Ibrahim he refused to hand over them. Instead he said, if India provided proof against the fugitives, Pakistan judiciary will handle the cases.

Zardari said, "If we had the proof, we would try them in our courts, we would try them in our land and we would sentence them".

Please Wait while comments are loading...