Sydney, Nov 30 (UNI) Just six weeks after being sent home for the 'gone-fishing' episode, Andrew Symonds has committed yet another breach of discipline as the troubled all-rounder skipped a compulsory recovery session with Queensland.
However, Cricket Australia (CA), who was aware of the incident, which tends to be Symond's third breach of his CA contract in three years, took no action.
The 33-year-old had earlier failed to attend a Queensland recovery session on October 13, and later confessed he had slept in.
CA chief James Sutherland said the latest indiscretion was ''not my business'', giving weight to the criticism of Australian cricket's governing body's failure to act decisively to address the all-rounder's disciplinary issues.
However, Symonds has been warned by Queensland chief executive Graham Dixon and coach Trevor Barsby.
Later, the all-rounder contacted his counselling team, who informed Sutherland about the incident.
But Sutherland took the incident lightly, and said he was interested only in a professional appraisal as to whether Symonds was mentally fit to be available for Australian selection.
CA spokesman Peter Young, however, said Sutherland was aware of Symonds's indiscipline.
''James Sutherland's opinion was that it was not his business and the only thing he was interested in was the counsellor's eventual advice as to whether Andrew could be considered for selection again,'' Young said.
The volatile all-rounder was embroiled in another controversy, when he had an altercation with a patron at the Normanby Hotel in Brisbane last Monday.
UNI XC PY AB GC1924