Pak Minister non committal over ''Pak links with mumbai attacks''

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ajmer, Nov 28(UNI) Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi today remained non-committal over alleged links between terrorists involved in the Mumbai terror strikes and forces based in Pakistan.

Talking to reporters here today Mr Qureshi said the Mumbai incidents were still in the initial stage of investigations and no body from the Government of India had so far made any such statement or comment.

Over the general feeling of support of his country based forces to terrorism spreading in India, the visiting Pakistan Minister said ''India is not the only victim of terrorism. We have also faced the menace at Lahore and some other places. But, we did not make any allegation against our neighbours.'' He said terrorists neither had any country, nor a religion or faith. They were merely criminals. Islam also did not allow violence, blood-shed or any such actions He said ''Pakistan is sad over the Mumbai terror attack and does condemn it and express its solidarity with the victims.'' Terrorism was to be dealt with international cooperation for which Pakistan was always ready, he underlined.

Mr Quershi said ''We are open to hold dialogue on any issue including terrorism.'' However, there were some people or forces which do not want to see cordial relations between India and Pakistan, he observed.

''We require to foil intention of such people,'' he added.

Mr Qureshi came here to perform ziyarat at Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chisti's Durgah here.

UNI..SS ATI VC1812

Please Wait while comments are loading...