Bhubneshwar, Nov 27 (UNI) The ECB will wait for advice from its security experts before taking a final call on the Test series following the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
The ECB managing director Hugh Morris said it was on English board's request that the BCCI cancelled the remaining two ODIs and added that depending on the reports of their security advisors, they would decide whether to come back for the Test series or not.
''We are obviously taking security advice from a number of different sources. We are looking at a number of different options,'' Morris told mediapersons here today.
''The events are still unfolding. We will consult the British High Commission and our security advisors before we take a final call on the Test series.
''But yes, the ODI series stands cancelled and the ECB is grateful to the BCCI to agree to our requests,'' he added.
''The safety and security of the England team is of the utmost importance to ECB. We have reviewed all our security arrangements in the light of these attacks and will be taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety and security of the team.
''I have also briefed the England players and management on the situation as well as liaising closely with the ECB Chairman and Chief Executive and the Players' Representatives,'' he added.
The ECB manging director further added that the English team will continue to stay here at their team hotel for next 24 hours and would fly back to home tomorrow.
England have played five ODI so far and is trailing 0-5 in the series but the terror attacks in Mumbai, which have killed over 100 people so far, have forced the visitors to take a drastic decision of this magnitude.
The Kevin Pietersen-led English team were due to play the next two ODIs in Guwahati on November 29 and December 2 in Delhi, while the Tests were scheduled to be played in Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
The Champions League has also been postponed following the particpating team's reluctance to tour India under prevailing conditions.
UNI RAR RKM HS1835