Solang (HP), Nov 26 : A major fire engulfed Solang village near Manali in Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
The fire which started due to a faulty electric wiring, soon spread and gutted around 25 houses which being old and made of wood burnt rapidly.
Many people were rendered homeless in the fire.
The residents tried to control the fire themselves by dousing it with water before the administration could come to their aid.
"The residents tried to douse the fire themselves and upon information, two fire brigade vehicles from Manali and one from Kullu were rushed to the spot and efforts are being made to control the fire," said R.K. Purthi, Additional District Magistrate (ADM), Kullu.
The administration has undertaken the rehabilitation of the victims and made provisions for the food and shelter for the villagers rendered homeless.
No casualty was reported in the incident.