Moga, Nov 22 (UNI) About 30 huts of labourers of Food Corporation of India opposite railway station near the SSP Moga's residence were destroyed in a devastating fire last night.
According to police, the fire broke out last night and two fire tenders battled the blaze for about one-and-a-half hours to bring it under control.
No loss of life was reported as Police personnel managed to rescue about 20 persons trapped in their jhuggies.
Police suspected that short circuit could be the cause of fire.
Mr Kewal Singh, former parliamentarian and President Punjab State FCI Labour Union has appealed to the State government to extend assistance to the labourers whose hutments were destroyed in the blaze.
UNI XC JN MMS1749