Chandigarh, Nov 20 (UNI) The Indian Athletic Association has allotted Chennai the Indian Grand Prix I and III while the Second Indian Grand Prix will be organised in Madurai.
Jamshedpur will be the venue of the fourth Indian Grand Prix and the fifth Indian Grand Prix will be hosted in Ranchi.
According to AFI calendar of events for 2009, National Inter Zonal Athletic Championship has been allotted to Chandigarh and it will be held from September 1 to 3.
The following is the AFI calendar for 2009: 1. Indian Grand Prix on May 13 at Chennai.
2. Indian Grand Prix II on May 8 in Madurai.
3. Indian Grand Prix III on May 14 in Chennai.
4. World Athletics Days on May 1 in Bangalore.
5. National Youth Athletics Championships from May 29 to 31 in Madurai.
6. Indian Grand Prix IV on June 7 in Jamshedpur.
7. Indian Grand Prix V on June 13 at Ranchi.
8. Federation Cup National Sr Athletics Championship from June 24 to 27 in Chennai.
9. Third North East Zone Junior Athletics Championship on June 14 and 15 at Guwahati.
10. Federation Cup National Jr Athletics Championship from July 24 to 26 in Lucknow.
11. North Zone Junior Athletics Championships from August 1 to 3 in Dehradun.
12. West Zone Junior Athletics Championships from August 6 to 8 in Bhopal.
13. South Zone Junior Athletics Championships from August 12 to 14 in Cochin.
14. East Zone Junior Athletics Championships from August 16 to 18 at Bhubaneshwar.
15. National Inter Zonal Junior Athletics Champiionship from September 1 to 3 in Chandigarh.
16. National Throws Meet on September 10 and 11 in Delhi.
17. National Sprint Meet on September 12 and 13 in Mumbai.
18. National Endurance Meet on September 15 and 16 at Jamshedpur.
19. National Open Athletics Championships from October 6 to 9 in Bhopal.
20. National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship from October 21 to 24 in Ranchi.
21. 7th National Inter District Athletics Meet from October 29 to 31 in Haridwar.
22. 25th National Junior Athletics Championships from November 20 to 24 in Warangal.
23. National Cross Country Championships on January 31 in Delhi.
UNI XC PS MMS1752