Lahore, Nov 19 (UNI) A court is seeking Shoaib Akhtar's records of bad behaviour to decide on the fast bowler's appeal against his ban and fine for disciplinary violations, the PCB said.
The controversial pacer, however, was challenging an 18-month ban from cricket and a fine of seven million rupees (95,000 dollars) in the High Court here, but Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) legal adviser Taffazul Rizvi said Akhtar had repeatedly violated the players' code of conduct.
''Akhtar assured the court that he will be on good behaviour but he violated the code again by criticising the Board in a recent television interview and the court has demanded the full evidence on that within a week,'' said Mr Rizvi.
He further said the court will resume the proceedings a day after it gets full record of Ahktar's behaviour.
The 33-year-old was originally banned for five years by a disciplinary committee in April, after he publicly criticised the cricket board.
However, an appeal in July reduced his ban to 18 months but the court imposed a heavy fine, which Akhtar is challenging in court.
The pacer's 10-year has been plagued by injury and disciplinary problems but his lawyer Abid Minto has challenged the cricket board stance that Akhtar has repeatedly violated the code of conduct.
''There was no inquiry on Akhtar, so we want the Board to produce evidence,'' Mr Minto said.
Akhtar was cleared to play in the four-nation Twenty20 tournament in Canada in August, as the court suspended his ban.
The seamer was also included in Pakistan's 15-man squad for the three-match one-day series against the West Indies but unfortunately Akhtar was ruled out of the matches as he injured his calf muscle before the first match.
Since after making his debut in 1997, the bowler has been plagued by injuries.
He had to undergo twin knee operations in 2006, which forced him out of Pakistan's tour of Sri Lanka and England. He also had to miss last year's World Cup in West Indies due to injury.
UNI XC PY LPB DS1300