Guwahati, Nov 18 (UNI) Assam Police is expected to place its first official concrete statement regarding the October 30 serial blasts in the state in the DGP-level meet at New Delhi next week.
The DGP, in all likelihood, will present a concrete statement on the progress of investigations and the conclusive evidence the police have clinched a Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau (SIB) source here said.
The source informed that the SIB here has also collected evidence on the involvement of local outfits in executing the blasts.
''The blasts would not have been possible without the local hand and that is being conclusively established,'' he added.
However, the identity of the third force behind the blasts, which had probably supplied the blueprint and explosives, is yet to be ascertained beyond doubt, the source said.
''Jehadis could be involved, but again, a totally new enemy could emerge as was found in the Malegaon blasts,'' he added.
The police had refrained from making any formal statements so far, except informing about arrests and detentions, as revealing evidence before the case is solved, could hamper investigations.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had also said last week that investigations were in final stages and a solid statement would be issued soon.
The involvement of the ULFA and NDFB has already been confirmed by the state government, though it is yet silent on the third party.
As many as 88 people have been killed and over 800 injured in the nine synchronised blasts that rocked Assam on October 30.
UNI SG DPM ARB DS1440