Karachi, Nov 14 : Kidnappers of prominent Pakistani filmmaker and distributor Satish Anand have reportedly demanded one million pounds for his release.
Anand was kidnapped from Karachi on October 20.
His family claimed to have two phone calls, one traced to Quetta and the other to Bannu, asking them to deposit the money in an Egyptian bank account.
According to the Daily Times, law enforcement agencies have so far been unable to ascertain Anand's whereabouts, even as sources privy to the investigation said that the Taliban might be involved.
Anti-Violent Crime Unit SSP Farooq Awan denied the calls had been made and said it was unclear if the case is of abduction for ransom.