Guwahati, Nov 13 (UNI) The ULFA today issued a third statement denying its involvement in the 30 /10 blasts in Assam even as investigations continued to make progress with the arrest of another suspect from the state capital.
'' We do not believe in killing our brothers and sisters. Blaming the ULFA, ISI and Bangladesh for the anti-people actions in Asom has again proved a sinister blame game,'' ULFA 'c-in-c-' Paresh Barua said in an e-mailed statement to the media.
In a turn-around of an earlier statement, issued by the group's chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa blaming the RSS for the blasts, Barua pointed an accusing finger towards the 'Indian colonial rulers'.
Significantly, this is the third time that the ULFA has issued a statement denying its involvement in the blasts.
On the other hand, the NDFB designated camps remained under strict vigil after the Bodo outfit's involvement was confirmed even as the toll touched 86 with another victim succumbing.
Police informed that one Bimal Basumatary was arrested from the city in connection with the blasts, taking the total of arrested people to 13 after four were nabbed yesterday.
NDFB's 'home secretary' Sabin Boro and a Bhutanese rebel leader Tenzing G Zangpo were held yesterday from the city, while two NDFB cadres were picked up from the designated camp at Borbori in Baksa district after an identification parade.
The designated camp had been cordoned off by security forces since Tuesday night, with the NDFB letting in the policemen only yesterday.
Police said the enhanced security presence around the NDFB designated camps besides Baksa, camps are at Serphanguri, Udalguri and Kokrajhar would continue as the outfit was found to be flouting cease-fire ground rules.
More UNI SG KK RN1943