Guwahati, Nov 11 (UNI) The Assam Government today confirmed the involvement of ULFA and NDFB in the October 30 serial blasts with the security forces hemming in the Bodo rebel group's camps, while ULFA pointed a finger at the RSS.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said there had been a significant progress in the investigation of serial blast cases and involvement of some active members of the NDFB and ULFA had come to light.
''Main culprits, who have perpetrated the crime, have been identified and all efforts are on to apprehend them. Probable involvement of other agencies and organisations is also under investigation,'' Mr Gogoi said, not naming any other group.
Police had so far arrested eight people, the Chief Minister said in a statement.
On the other hand, the banned ULFA blamed the RSS for the October 30 serial bombings in the state.
In a statement to the media today, ULFA chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa denied the outfit's role in the blasts and also rubbished reports about the outfit's links with the ''Jehadi'' organisations like HUJI.
Staing that a vilification campaign was being launched to malign the organisation by linking it with ''Jehadi'' groups, Rajkhowa blamed the RSS for allegedly masterminding the October 30 bombings that killed over 80 people and left over 400 injured.
The developments came even as security placed the NDFB's currently in ceasefire-designated camps under strict security vigil.
Security personnel had been deployed in a large number around the NDFB's designated camp in Baksa district since last night, putting up bunkers indicating a prolonged stay, sources said.
The National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) had been in ceasefire with the government since 2005 and its truce agreement would come up for renewal next month.
A Unified Command, spearheading counter-insurgency operations in the state, met yesterday to review violation of ceasefire terms and conditions by militant organisations and resolved for strict enforcement of the ground rules.
UNI SG SJC BDP NS2127