Lucknow, Nov 11 (UNI) Senior UP minister and Chairman of state Haj Committee Naseemuddin Siddiqui today said pilgrims, who were missed due to some problems earlier, have been sent on pilgrimage by three additional flights, two of which flew today.
Informing that total 9,390 Hajjis -- a number more than the scheduled 8,100 -- have left for the pilgrimage so far, Mr Siddiqui said, of them altogether 1,400 were ferried today.
Of the additional flights, two took off today, while one flew yesterday, he added.
Earlier in the day, the minister visited the Lucknow-based Haj House and took stock of the whole situation.
The problem over Haj Yatra had sparked off on October 30, when the first Haj flight from Lucknow embarkation point was cancelled at the last minute.
The UP government had then cried foul over this and had alleged that the External Affairs Minister and Central Haj House were responsible for the goof up.
Due to delay in passports and visas, many Hajjis were unable to leave for the pilgrimage as per the scheduled.
UNI JAS RC CS1910