Puducherry, Nov 9(UNI) People who were waiting at a petrol-bunk here to fill petrol were panicked and ran away as they noticed a minor fire in a pumping machine today.
According to fire service sources, the motor belt of a pumping machine got heated and sparks and fumes eminated following which the people got panciked and ran away. The petrol-bunk employees along with fire service personnel spread chemicals and put out the fire.
Traffic police suspended traffic on the road for some time.
A Fire Official Ellango said 22,000 liters of petrol and the same quantity of disel was in stock at the bunk and had there been a fire the damages must have been severe.
Since, this is the third such incident in the same petrol bunk, Odeansaali cautioned stern action against the bunk owner, if he failed to maintain safety measures.
UNI PAB KVV 1830