Govt has clinching evidence in Malegaon case: Patil

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Pune, Nov 6 (UNI) Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil today indicated that the government had 'clinching evidence' to prove the involvement of the accused, arrested in connection with the Malegaon blast on September 29 that killed 6 people.

Speaking to mediapersons here, Mr Patil, who also holds Home portfolio, said investigation in the case was going in the right direction. When asked about involvement of the accused in the 2006 Nanded bomb blast, he said police investigation was on in this regard.

Sadhvi Pragya Singh and eight other accused had so far been arrested in connection with the case.

After a gap of two weeks, Mr Patil also clarified his stand regarding his statement ''Bullet for Bullet'' and said it was not regarding the Patna youth Rahul Raj's case.

''I had made this statement for the Naxalite-prone Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, where nine policemen were gunned down by naxals on the same day,'' Mr Patil said.

He also criticised the media for misquoting him.

Talking about the encounter of Rahul Raj, he said the case had been handed over to the state Chief Secretary and truth would come out soon.

Mr Patil was in the city to greet Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, for being honoured with the Bharat Ratna Award.

UNI SP SR OBB PK BST2058

Please Wait while comments are loading...