Jabalpur, Nov 5 (UNI) The Madhya Pradesh High Court has reserved its order on a petition demanding CBI inquiry into an abduction and murder case in which State Revenue Minister Kamal Patel's son is a suspect.
Hearing a petition by Ramvilas Jat yesterday, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A K Patnaik and Justice Ajit Singh reserved its verdict.
Petitioner's counsel Manikant Sharma told the court that the minister's son, and his friends attacked Mr Rajendra Patel's house in Harda district on March 5 and an exchange of fire took place between the two sides.
Petitioner's son Durgesh, who was injured in the firing, was taken by Sandeep to his father's house and has been missing since then. Police were not taking any action in the matter.
On the behalf of the state government, Advocate General Ravinandan Singh said the government has ordered CID inquiry into the matter. Hence, the CID should be relied upon.
UNI RG-PS JT RK1158