Guwahati, Nov.4 : Monday saw a large number of residents here participating in a candlelight march to pray for people who had lost their lives in last week's 12 serials blasts.
There is shock and anguish among residents.
People emerged out to express their solidarity with the victims.
"You see today we did not call up all these people to come for the peace rally and ... but whenever we just lighted this candle simply one after another one, one after another people had joined us and we have successfully completed this rally," said Lalit Nath, a resident of Guwahati.
Earlier, the Assam government along with many voluntary fora had appealed to the people of the State to light candles and participate in the peace march.
"Everybody has to be alert. And for that reason I think there is alertness in the society otherwise, so many people would not have been gathered here," said Nirmal Mandal, another local.
The October 30 blasts are being described as the worst that Assam has ever witnessed.
Apart from causing the death of 84 innocent persons and destroying property worth crores of rupees, over 300 others were also injured by the blasts. By Peter Alex Todd