Mumbai, Nov 3 (UNI) A Special court here today extended the judicial custody of the 20 Indian Mujahideen suspects, allegedly involved in the recent Delhi and Gujarat blasts, till November 17.
All the accused were produced before the Maharashtra Control for Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court Judge Y D Shinde admist tight security arrangements.
Meanwhile, property cell of city police have moved an application seeking custody of 12 of the accused for interrogation is 'another case'.
The court directed them to move an application before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court and get the custody from there.
The court has also directed police to take up accused Mohammed Nawsad to ENT specialist for medical treatment, as he has complained of damage of his left ear during police interrogation, and submit the report on next date.
Another accused Tariq has also made a complaint of torture by the investigating agency before the special court.
According to the prosecution, the accused Mohammed Mansoor Asgar Peerbhoy and three others had attended a lecture on hacking at Hotel Katharia in Hyderabad in March last year.
Around Rs 26 lakh is said to have changed hands through hawala channels to facilitate several recent blasts, the prosecution said.
These suspected accused have allegedly played a vital role in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan blasts and have been booked under Sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder), in addition to Explosives Act and waging war against the state. Besides MCOCA, Mumbai police, have booked them under various sections of the IPC, Arms Act, Explosives Act, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and Information Technology Act, apart from Section 121 of the IPC for ''waging war against the state''.
UNI ST SR SY AS2148