Guwahati, Nov 2: Four people have been detained in connection with the serial blasts in Assam on October 30, which killed 77 people.
Police said two cars and mobile phones used to detonate bombs in the remote northeastern state, including its main city Guwahati, had been traced to four men. A police officer said two of three cars used as bombs in Guwahati had been identified. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited Guwahati on Saturday. He said his government will do whatever it can to arrest those responsible for the blasts but that did not really calm the people.