Mangalore, Nov 1(UNI) Mahendra Kumar, who recently resigned to the post of State convener of Bajrang Dal, and had succeeded in getting bail in all the cases booked against him in connection with the attacks on Christian prayer centres, was released from the city sub-jail today.
Kumar had already been granted bail in the cases filed against him in Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts but had opted not to go out on bail because of a body warrant issued against him by the Chikmagalur court.
The court in Chikmagalur granted him bail in the case pending against him there, on yesterday.
His advocate P P Hegde said yesterday that Kumar would be released as soon as the Chikmagalur court order reached the court here.
He was released from the sub-jail as soon as the order reached here today.
On his release, Kumar said that he would continue to be in the Bajrang Dal and stay committed to the principles that he had always stood for, besides fighting for protecting Hindutva.
He also urged for the early arrest of the New Life Organization leader H T Sangliana and authors and publishers of the controversial publication, 'Satya Darshini'.
UNI MA SIV RKN1605