New Delhi, Oct 30 (UNI) The North East Student Organisation (NESO) today strongly condemned the serial blasts which rocked Assam and resulted in the death of at least 48 people, saying the attack exposed the ''non-existence of the law and order machinery'' in the state.
''What happened today is the culmination of several reasons including the non-implementation of the Assam Accord, non-identification and removal of Bangladeshi fundamentalist groups and other illegal Bangladeshi migrants from the state,'' NESO Advisor Sammujjal Bhattacharjee told UNI over the phone.
He said Bangadeshi fundamentalist groups worked in tandem with Pakistani intelligence agencies and militants to create panic in the Northeast. The State Government not only remained a silent spectator to these incidents but also denied the involvement of these agencies in various anti-national activities in the State, he alleged.
Dr Bhattacharjee said pro-Pakistani groups recently hoisted the neighbouring country's flags in two places -- Darrang and Udualgiri -- in the State last month and raised slogans like ''Pakistan Zindabad'' but the Tarun Gogoi government just denied the reports.
''In fact, not just the Congress but a majority of the political parties maintain a silence in fear of losing their vote banks,'' he said.
The situation would not improve until the Assam Accord was implemented in letter and spirit and all illegal Bangladeshi migrants removed from the soil of Assam, Dr Bhattacharjee added.
UNI BKS RR KP1813