Mother and daughter injured in stove blast

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kangra, Oct 30 (UNI) A 37-year-old woman and her 18-year-old daughter received serious burn injuries when a gas stove exploded at their residence at Matour, on the outputs of this town this evening.

Both were rushed to Dr R P Government Medical College Tand with serious burn injuries, police said.

Kangra Deputy Superintendent of police O P Jamwal said the stove exploded when Neelam was preparing tea. Her daughter, Jyoti who had just returned home after attending a 'Bhaiya Dooj' ceremony, rushed to save her mother, but she too got engulfed in the flames.

In the mean time, neighbours rushed into the house and doused the flames and rushed both the mother and daughter to the hospital at Tanda.

Mr Jamwal said while Neelam received 60 per cent burn injuries, Jyoti suffered 35 per cent burn injuries.

UNI XC HS AE KP2345

Please Wait while comments are loading...