Guwahati, Oct 30 (UNI) The Assam Government today announced the formation of a Special Task Force(STF) to go to the roots of today's serial blasts which claimed at least 48 lives and injured more than 300, while two separate expert teams from the Union Home Ministry arrived here to find out the trails.
Addressing a press conference here today, following an emergent meeting of the Council of Ministers, Chief Ministers Tarun Gogoi said the STF would have experts from both within and outside the state.
''This is a very serious matter and in my tenure it has been the biggest attack. We will not leave any stone unturned to find out the truth,'' iterated Mr Gogoi.
He did not name any group for the attack, but said all anti- national groups were the same.
''For me terrorists are terrorists. They are all same and we will see to it that we go to the root of the same,'' he averred.
''Health is the topmost priority,'' he said and announced that every single victim would be provided with free healthcare and if necessary they would be sent outside the state.
Already Rs three lakh had been sanctioned for each deceased and Rs 50,000 for every injured, he informed.
''We must nip this kind of terrorism in the bud,'' he asserted and said intelligence was there but it was not specific of such huge intensity of blast.
He also informed that both Prime Minister and Home Minister are coming to the state.
''Both of them along with UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi called me up within minutes after the blasts. They are also very much concerned,'' he said.
He also appealed to all parties not to extract political mileage out of this tragedy.
''This is a national tragedy. This is not a time to take political advantage out of it and I am sure political parties of Assam will understand it,'' he said.
UNI MT SJC AB AKJ BD1858