Curfew imposed as blasts rock Guwahati

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Just In: Curfew has been imposed in Guwahati after a spate of blasts ripped the Capital of Assam at 11:30 hours. One of the bomb blasts took place about 100 meters from Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi's official residence.

Bravo Company of the 28th battalion of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) could be behind the blasts, if intelligence sources are to be believed.
2:02 PM 10/30/2008

32 have been killed and 65 have been injured according to the latest reports.

-Ministry of State (MoS) for Home Affairs said ten blasts have been confirmed and two blasts are unconfirmed. The MoS Home has also confirmed that all are high intensity blasts.
1:05 PM 10/30/2008

-Home Minister, Shivaraj Patil has condemned the blasts.

-Combing operations have been launched by the Police.

-Three blasts in Kokrajhar district of Assam.
12:50 PM 10/30/2008

Eleven blasts rock Assam killing twenty three and injuring fifty people. Security have been beefed up near Bongaigaon Refinery.
12:43 PM 10/30/2008

Guwahati, Oct 30: Four blasts rock Guwahati and seven blasts in upper Assam on Thursday, Oct 30 killing five and critically injuring forty. The blasts have taken place in the areas of Ganeshguri, Dispur Road, Pan Bazar and Fancy bazar of Guwahati and Barpeta, Bongaigoan areas of upper Assam. The injured have been rushed to hospital. One of the blasts in Guwahati took place near the DC court.

The bomb is said to have planted in vehicles. Fancy Bazar has been a target for extremists from past two to three years. Even last year, there were blasts in Fancy Bazar. According to sources, there are suspects of Ulfa behind the blasts.

One person was killed and over 12 injured when a blast ripped through a vegetable market at BG Yard of Bamuni Maigan area on Sep 1, 2007.
11:58 PM 10/30/2008

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...