Family of four perishes after inhaling toxic fumes on Diwali

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Shimla, Oct. 29 (UNI) Four persons of a family were asphyxiated to death at their newly constructed house at Kasumpati in the town here last night.

Police source said today that the couple and their two children died after inhaling toxic fumes while they were asleep. The fumes were caused after a curtain in the adjoining 'pooja' room in the house caught fire from a clay lamp which was left burning by the couple before they went to sleep.

Neighbours informed the fire brigade about the fire. Three fire tenders rushed to the spot and extinguished the flames.

The sleeping couple and their children were rushed to Indira Gandhi Medical Hospital here where they were declared brought dead.

The cause of death was suffocation.

The deceased were identified as Rajesh (42), his wife Sunita (38), and children Akansha (9) and Ashu (7).

UNI XC HS BP1409

Please Wait while comments are loading...