Barwani, MP, Oct 25 (UNI) A local court has issued directives to a Power Distribution Company to provide compensation of Rs 76,000 to a family of a tribal farmer, who was electrocuted due to carelessness of the company.
Prosecution said that Gagandas, resident of Jhiri Jamli village in this district's Sendhwa area, was electrocuted when he came in contact of a live electricity wire, which broke and fell on his farm, on August 8, 2003.
He was survived by his wife Tudi Bai and two sons, who lodged a complaint against the company.
Additional District Judge N K Satsangi delievered the verdict of yesterday.
UNI XC-KV 1542