Cabinet condemns bomb blast, announces ex-gratia

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Imphal, Oct 23 (UNI) Manipur government will provide an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed and Rs 10,000 to all those injured in the bomb blast on Tuesday night at Ragailong Pandon, Imphal East.

Official sources today said a cabinet meeting was held last night presided by Chief Minister, O Ibobi Singh.

Manipur Police was asked to intensify vigil specially in Imphal to check recurrence of such attacks.

Earlier the residence of the chief minister was attacked by the cadres of People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK).

The Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP-MC) has already claimed responsibility for the blast.

Lalheiba Meitei, secretary military council said in a statement that the attack was carried out as the people were indulging in gambling.

The Cabinet strongly condemned the attack.

Earlier Prime Minister Dr Manmohan singh, Home Minister Shivraj Patil, Manipur Governor Gurbhachan Jagat,Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh and others had condemned the blasts and the PM announced Rs one lakh for the deceased and Rs 50,000 for those injured.

Meanwhile security has been beefed up in the entire city and strict instructions have been issued to police stations to ensure that nothing untoward happens during the festive season.

Police today carried out raids and lifted all vehicles parked in no parking zone.

No arrest has been made so far, police said.

The District Magistrate Imphal West, A Ibocha has also issued orders prohibiting assembly of five or more persons and carrying of arms.

Sale and use of crackers have also been banned for security reason inspite of the ensuing festivals.

UNI NS RH SS1117

Please Wait while comments are loading...