Imphal, Oct 22: One more person succumbed to injuries sustained in Tuesday, Oct 21 night's bomb blast here, taking the toll to 18. Twenty others were fighting for their lives in hospitals.
Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh condemning the attack said the government would provide necessary assistance to the next of kin of those killed and injured.
Police said most of the victims had been identified.
Eleven persons were killed on the spot in the bomb blast at Ragailong, Imphal East near the Commando complex and Khuman Lampak sports complex last night. Six more succumbed to injuries late.
Police said all the dead were aged between 30 and 40. They had gathered to witness a game of dice after dinner.
Police said an inquiry was on as to how the attack took place in a high security zone. The Assam Rifles, the elite police commando are stationed in large numbers near the blast site.
The chief minister, senior Cabinet ministers, police and civil officials had visited the hospitals.
Police said it was not known where the bomb was fitted but six vehicles, including a two wheeler, were badly damaged.
DGP Y Joykumar had briefed the chief minister.
Of late the state had been witnessing bomb attacks in several places, including two on the official residence of the chief minister.
The People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) had owned responsibility of attacking the CM's residence only.