Raipur, Oct 21: The Election Commission has sought a report from the Chhattisgarh Government about the situation created by the death of 12 CRPF jawans in an attack by naxals in Bijapur district on Tuesday, Oct 21.
Highly placed sources confirmed UNI here that a detailed report was being sent by the government. Security arrangements had been described as worrisome with the attack taking place on the day of filing of nomination.
Meanwhile, police sources claimed that naxalites will not be able to disrupt polling process. A senior police official told UNI that complete strategy has been chalked out but was not being disclosed due to security reasons.
He said security forces were being provided adequate suggestions to protect themselves from landmine explosions. However, it was difficult to say how much caution was exercised.
Chief Election Commissioner N Gopalswami and Election Commissioners Naveen B Chawla and S Qureshi will arrive here on October 24. Strategies would be discussed to ensure free and fair polls in naxalite-affected areas during the visit.