RBI cuts CRR by 1 pc, releases additional Rs 40K cr

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Oct 16: The Reserve Bank, on Wednesday, Oct 15 declared a further cut by one per cent, the amount of mandatory cash that banks need to park with it.

The move would unlock Rs 40,000 crore into the financial system and pave the way for lower lending rates. This is the third time that the RBI has cut the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) in two weeks. The move brings the combined cut to 2.50 per cent that released a total of Rs 100,000 crore into the cash-starved banking sector. It is designed to help banks and the markets resume normal lending operations. With this cut, the CRR would be 6.5 per cent as against 9 per cent at the start of this month. RBI has also raised the interest rates ceiling on deposits by non-residents by 50 basis points to attract foreign funds inflow.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...