Health Inspector suspended for student's death

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, Oct 11 (UNI) A Health Inspector was placed under suspension by the State Health Department in connection with yesterday's tragic death of a 11-year-old student after he reportedly consumed overdose of anti-malarial chloroquine tablets at a panchayat union primary school in Vadakku Poolangulam Village in Alangudi Taluk, here.

Official sources said here today Raja Nainar of Pavurchathiram was placed under suspension for dereliction of duty. A departmental inquiry into the death of P Selvakumar, a standard V student, was ordered, the sources added.

Meanwhile, 15 students, admitted to the government hospital in Pavurchathiram, were discharged today.

They recovered from the ailment caused allegedy by consumption of overdose of chloroquine tablets.

Similarly, the condition of S Tamilselvan, who was in a serious condition and undergoing treatment in Tenkasi Government Hospital, was stated to be stable today.

One student died and 16 hospitalised after they took overdose of chloroquine tablets supplied by a medical team as part of a health camp to prevent outbreak of malaria in Vadakku Poolangulam Village, yesterday.

UNI GSM GM RL HS1912

Please Wait while comments are loading...