More than 200 affected due to food poisoning

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Pune, Oct 9 (UNI) More than 200 people, most of them children, were admitted to various hospitals due to the poisoning after consuming Basundi (a form of liquid sweet), which was purchased from Pradeep Sweet Mart at Nigdi area of the city here this evening.

Police said, three persons who reported to be serious have been admitted to government hospital at Nigdi.

Police said around 190 people have been admitted in various hospitals. Eight members of Sharangadhar family were affected in the incident. The PCMC medical officials have send the sample for inspection.

Police have sealed the shop, and arrested the owner of the sweet mart.

UNI SP MIR BST0029

Please Wait while comments are loading...