Chennai, Oct 9 (UNI) A fire today broke out in a furniture shop located in a five-storeyed commercial complex at Royapettah area of the city.
Fire service sources said the fire, which broke out at 0930 hrs in the shop situated in the basement of the complex, was brought under control in an hour's time.
As many as six fire fighting units, along with Metrowater tankers, were pressed into service to bring the fire under control.
Heavy damage was caused to the shop while the furniture was reduced to ashes.
The cause of the fire and the extent of damage was being assessed.
UNI GV SV KP1228