57 villagers fall ill after taking food at marriage

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dharamshala, Oct 5 (UNI) As many as 57 residents of Sunnhi village in Kangra district were taken ill after consuming food at a marriage party in the village last night, police sources today said.

Forty two of the sick, including 11 children were admitted in the Dr R P Govt Medical College, Tanda this morning. Their condition was stated to be stable.

According to reports, a number of people attending the marriage started vomiting after they had taken the food. While a few were treated at the village, the ones who were serious were taken to the medical college hospital at Tanda.

This was the second incident of food poisoning in the Nagrota Bagwan area in the last four days. On October 1, around 60 residents of Kulthi village were admitted in the medical college hospital at Tanda after consuming food at a marriage function.

UNI HS BK1900

Please Wait while comments are loading...