New Delhi, Oct 4 (UNI) Five persons, including two women, were injured in a fire that broke out in a house in South Delhi this evening, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out in a house in Sarai Kale Khan in South Delhi, after a petrol cane kept in the kitchen accidentally caught fire at 1705 hrs while a 25-year-old woman Preety was preparing tea, fire brigade officials said.
Five persons were injured in the incident.
While Preeti received 100 per cent burns, a six-month-old infant whom she was holding sustained 10 per cent burns. Three persons who had come to the house for tuitions got 50 per cent burns while trying to help Preeti.
All the injured were admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital where the condition of Preeti was reported to be critical.
UNI AR PK BST2127