Bangalore, Sept.30 : Indian batting star Sachin Tendulkar today played down security concerns for the Test series against Australia, saying cricketers will never be targeted in India.
"I don't think it bothers us. We are confident nothing bad will happen," Tendulkar told reporters at a training camp ahead of the first Test starting here on October 9.
New Delhi is the venue of the third Test from October 29 and security has been increased around the Australian team, who play a four-day practice match in southern Hyderabad from Thursday.
Tendulkar declined to comment on Australia's security fears but insisted Indian players had nothing to worry about.
"This is our homeland. In our homeland I don't think anyone can harm us," said Tendulkar.
"We should be free to move wherever and whenever we want."
Tendulkar already holds three world records -- maximum number of runs in one-day internationals (16,361) and most centuries in Tests (39) and one-dayers (42).
The batting star was recently declared fit for the Australia Tests after missing the one-day series in Sri Lanka last month due to an elbow injury.