Mysore, Sep 29: The Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Company (CESC) will be celebrating 100 years of supplying power to this City of Palaces.
The city got power supply for the first time on September 26, 1908, during the regime of Nalwadi Krishnara Wadiyar of Mysore Royal Family.
CESC Managing Director A N Ramesh told UNI the company decided to celebrate the centenary with a laser show, throwing light on those responsible for establishing the Shivanasamudra Hyderolectric Station from where power was transmitted to Mysore.
The project realised the Mysore kings' dream of illuminating the palace.
The Mysore City was partly lit up on September 26, 1908 because of the efforts of Dewan of Mysore K Sheshadri Iyer and Major A J Delotebiniere who was the Deputy Chief Engineer of Mysore State.
The 25-minute laser show, to be screened across the city, would provide tourists an insight into hydroelectric power generation.
The show will be held on all nine-days during the Dasara festivities except on 'Vijyadashmi' when the city would host 'Jamboo Savari' and the torchlight parade at Bannimantap Grounds.