Defence personnel to get ad hoc arrears

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Sep 27 (UNI) The government has decided to make ad hoc payment of arrears for the current year to all ranks of defence personnel at the earliest, pending final computation of arrears on the revised pay scales.

The decision was approved by President Pratibha Devisingh Patil today, Defence Ministry said in a statement this evening.

The decision has been necessiated by delay in re-fixation of pay and allowances of the armed forces personnel who were demanding removal of anomalies in their pay scales as announced by the 6th Pay Commission.

Payment of ad hoc arrears will be adjusted against the final computation of arrears on the revised pay scales, the ministry said.

The government had earlier decided to pay 40 per cent of arrears in the current financial year and the remaining 60 per cent in 2009-2010.

Payment of ad hoc amounts will be made only to those personnel who were in service as on January 1, 2006 and continued to be in service thereafter. The ranks held by the personnel as on January 1, 2006 would be reckoned for drawing the arrears.

UNI SAA PD BD2120

Please Wait while comments are loading...